We left VV on Tuesday evening facing a choice of crossing the Atlas Mountains and then the Sahara, which would be a continuation of her general direction, or heading on a more westerly course for what should be a safer route nearer the coast. Here is the map of her travel on Wednesday. So far, so good.
On Wednesday VV stayed in her roost area until after 10.30 GMT. The weather was OK for travel, no fog (our thanks to Paul Wildlifewriter for weather research), so it is not clear why she delayed her next move. But, it was with relief (for us) that it was almost due west before dipping to a more SW direction over the day. She had a couple of explorations as she flew along at altitudes of over 3300m ( about 11000ft) at times. One was a small detour of 10 minutes or so to a river running into the Barrage El Ouidane; a resort at the NE end offers good fishing opportunities but VV did not stop or go further along the river.
A couple of other half hour detours did not feature stops; the last was near her eventual roost point.
She was still there at 06.28 today. Marrakech is only about 80 km further west. Even if she heads south today there are rivers and reservoirs before she would hit Western Sahara. Phew, for now!